The Private University in the Principality of Liechtenstein (UFL) sees itself as a modern university educational institution and sees its task as independent teaching and research.
UFL enables people to prove themselves in the knowledge society.This is a permanent, life-long cycle. UFL provides the key to opening the door to new worlds of knowledge and experience. It is the task of UFL to actively participate in the sustainable further development of an equal society.
UFL is an agile and independent university in the Principality of Liechtenstein. Under the motto "Education is life-long!", UFL fulfils the task of empowering working people in particular to work academically and play a formative role. UFL participates in the formation of values in society by conducting a self-critical discourse and orienting its research towards ethical and socially relevant topics. UFL devotes particular attention to the overarching themes of diversity and sustainability. As an educational institution, it thus contributes to the beneficial development of society. To this end, it develops and tests the necessary concepts.
- We offer lifelong and extra-occupational opportunities to enable interested parties to carry out independent academic work.
- We stand for independent and free research.
- With our good name, we stand for the highest quality in teaching and research.
- We are generally committed to sustainable development, particularly in the fields of education and science.
- We are unique in the region and beyond and fulfil a clear need for lifelong learning.
- We are an agile and independent university and are committed to this every day in our teaching and research.
- We address current social developments and deal with them in our research and teaching.
- We live a culture of mutual understanding. Our self-image includes diversity in all areas of the university.
- We are an innovative team that identifies with the goals and tasks of the university and promotes their achievement.
- We contribute to the diversity of education in Liechtenstein and to the promotion of Triesen as a centre of education.
- We maintain co-operations in research and teaching with national and international partners that do not contradict our values.
- We offer a platform for academic exchange between scientists.
- We make science and research accessible to the general public.