The Private University in the Principality of Liechtenstein (UFL) is a non-profit foundation within the meaning of Art. 552ff. of the Liechtenstein Persons and Companies Act (PGR) with its registered office in Triesen.
The highest board is the Foundation Council, which is responsible for the supervision of the University. The University Council is the supreme advisory board and advises the Foundation Council on all matters concerning the strategic orientation of the University. The University Executive Board is the operational management body of the University for the entire university and includes the Rector and a Prorector. The Senate is an independent committee and is the direct advisory board to the university management on internal university and organisational matters.
The UFL is structured into two faculties. The deans are responsible for the professional management of the two faculties of Medical Science and Law. Three institutes are established at the faculties. A Scientific Advisory Board has been set up at both faculties to provide advice and quality assurance.
- We offer lifelong and part-time opportunities to enable those who are interested to carry out independent academic work.
- We stand for independent and free research.
- We stand with our good name for the highest quality in teaching and research.
- We are generally committed to sustainable development, and this especially in the field of education and science.
- We are unique in the region and beyond and clearly satisfy a need for lifelong learning.
- We are an agile and independent university and are committed to this on a daily basis in our teaching and research.
- We take up current social developments and deal with them in research and teaching.
- We live a culture of mutual understanding. Our self-image includes diversity in all areas of the university.
- We are an innovative team that identifies itselfes with the goals and tasks of the University and supports their achievement.
- We contribute to educational diversity in Liechtenstein and to the promotion of Triesen as an educational location.
- We cultivate cooperations in research and teaching with national and international partners that do not contradict our values.
- We provide a platform for academic exchange among scientists.
- We make science and research accessible to the general public.